Taking shape | Busy Bag
All children are drawn to brightly coloured things, they love to touch, hold and experience their learning first-hand. In this My Busy Bots bag, little ones use fun coloured shape blocks to explore different shapes and colours. As they match the shapes to the pictures, rockets zoom to the moon, crocodiles go snap and fish begin to swim in the sea!
This activity is suitable for little ones from 4+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 8 Laminated A6 activity cards
- Translucent coloured shape blocks
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; hand eye coordination and control; grasp and release; dexterity.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration; visual closure; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; problem solving; sorting and organisation; language and vocabulary; colour recognition and matching; shape recognition; copying; following patterns.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance; creativity.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.
Boys love it-very handy to have in the change bag for entertainment in cafes
Nearly three years old boy enjoyed this. The fun picture cards made it more enjoyable, especially the crocodile teeth and rocket. Only improvement would be enough shapes to do all the cards at the same time, as he really wanted to complete them all together.
My granddaughter absolutely loves these activities and she was able to do them very well. The only thing I would say is that it is a shame there are not enough pieces to complete all the cards, without having to use the ones already used xxxx
My son loved this little keeps his attention so was happy this activity lasted a little while and has encouraged him to do more puzzles at home too.
One that can be completed independently by our son, he enjoys the pictures so much!