“Moon, Monkey, Mouse!” Each child learns at a different pace, especially when it comes to letter sounds. This is why it’s essential we keep it fun and light-hearted. In this awards winning busy bag little ones are introduced to amusing characters and images, which will help them identify the letter sound for each card, and place that letter on its matching card.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 4+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions, ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 26 Laminated A7 letter sound cards A-Z
- 26 Coloured magnetic letters
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; hand eye coordination and control; grasp and release; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination; shoulder and arm strength.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; problem solving; language and vocabulary; sorting and organisation; letter recognition; matching.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance; early reading skills.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.
As a former Nursery/ Reception teacher, I found the contents of this pack to be of excellent quality and more than suitable for purpose. It’s a Christmas stocking filler for my 3 year old granddaughter. I’m sure that she will absolutely love “playing” with it. She’s inquisitive and eager to learn, so this pack fits the bill perfectly. Thank you.
My 3 year old enjoys this activity, he loves picking a card at random, naming the objects and then finding the initial sound (from a small selection)
Perfect for sending during isolation. A hug from the grandparents to grandchildren.
Both our boys love the bags (3&5yo). Fun, entertaining and educational.
My granddaughter 3 yrs 1month loves this activity and her level of concentration is amazing . Colour recognition matching counting and fine motor control all improved with this fun activity .