Pinch a pompom | Busy Bag
Squeezing, pinching, picking, sorting, counting and colour matching! There’s endless fun to be had with this engaging My Busy Bots bag. While your little one is strengthening their fine motor skills with their tweezers, they will also be either sorting colours or counting out pompoms.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 4+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions, ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 6 Different coloured silicone cups
- 1 Set of tweezers
- 24 Pompoms in different colours and sizes
- 6 Laminated number discs or a set of wooden number
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
- Please note: some bags may come with no outer wrap packaging, but the contents will be as listed
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pre-writing skills; pencil grip; tripod grasp; open thumb web space; hand strength; hand eye coordination and control; hand dominance; dexterity; sensory exploration; spatial relationships.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration; visual spatial relations; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; problem solving; sorting and organisation; counting; number recognition; colour recognition and matching.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance; creativity; use of tweezers; early writing skills.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.