All children are fascinated with animals. They love to watch them, cuddle them and the best is when they try to imitate the sounds they make. Animals that are the most familiar to our children are the ones that we have as pets. This My Busy Bots bag is a great one to start developing key visual motor and fine motor skills as well as a way to teach children about the animals they find in their world.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 3+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activities and list of skills being developed
- 6 Laminated A6 activity cards
- 12 Laminated A7 pet cards
- 6 Rubber pets
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; wrist extension; whole hand grasp; hand strength; hand eye coordination and control; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination.
Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual figure ground.
- Concentration; problem solving; puzzle solving skills; language and vocabulary; sorting and organisation; counting; matching.
- Patience and perseverance; creativity and imagination.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.
I bought this as a gift for my 2 year old grandson, he really loves it and can name all the pets! The animals are good colours and made with non toxic materials and the cards are wipeable.
Bought this for my 2 year old grandson. The animals are great but unfortunately don’t match up with the cards very well . The bird in particular was a bit confusing for him . Overall a bit limited I feel , I love the product so it might be that we need to try a few more times . It’s such a great idea
I bought several busy bags from Busy Bots. My 18 month old daughter engages with all of them at different levels, but on the whole they have been an excellent addition to our toy set. One of their great qualities is that many of them allow a few different exercises with toddlers, prolonging her interest in them, and provide material for interaction between her and I during play time.