Peg it! NEW | Busy Bag
Our new Peg It bag is all about phonics! This bag is now a follow on from Something Beginning with and is a fantastic way to develop their phonics, which are a vital part of learning to read, and is usually the first strategy children learn in becoming confident lifelong readers.
Our busy bag uses bright, fun pictures which they match to the phonic sound on the card by pinning a peg on the correct image (this is fantastic for fine motor skills!), our info card also includes lots of fun ways to extend the activity as children develop.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 4+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions, ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 29 Laminated A7 letter sound cards
- 29 Small coloured pegs
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pre-writing skills; pincer grip; hand strength; hand eye coordination; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; problem solving; language and vocabulary; letter recognition; matching.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance; creativity and Imagination; use of pegs; early reading skills.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.
We haven't used this product yet as we're saving it for a long plane journey. It looks great though and my daughter is going to love it, she's a bit young to use it as suggested but I know she'll get her own fun out of it for now, until we can use it properly.
My granddaughter is 5 and really enjoys Peg it a fun way to learn. A big thumbs up from her Mum as well.
My grandson is 5 yrs old and has a very diverse and active mind and it is hard to get him to give his time to a learning activity for any length of time - with the absence of schooling at the moment it has been difficult to encourage him to apply himself but the products I have purchased from My Busy Bots have certainly filled the bill - he has engaged and applied himself for short sessions throughout his days at home.
My daughter loves the busy bags. We take them on train, plane and car journeys, they are small enough to pop in my handbag so are great for restaurants too. No more resulting to ipads and phones. And its wonderful shes working on her initial sounds!
I bought these for my son who doesn't easily engage with doing educational related activities, he is more into imaginative play etc. But he absolutely loves this activity, and gets involved every time :) Would highly recommend.
Thank you so much for such a lovely review Chloe and taking the time to write one for us!! We are thrilled to hear this!!!!! We really appreciate it and so, so happy reading it xx