Googly eyed monsters | Busy Bag
Your little monsters will love this My Busy Bots bag! As they count to the number on the card they need to place the same number of googly eyes to wake their sleeping monster up. Number recognition and counting skills are explored in this activity, as well as the development of fine motor skills.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 4+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions, ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 10 Laminated A6 counting activity cards, numbers 1-10
- 55 Different sized googly eyes
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; pincer grip; hand eye coordination; hand dominance; grasp and release; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination; sensory exploration.
- Visual perception skills:
- Visual discrimination; spatial relationships; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; sorting and organisation; counting; number recognition.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.
I bought this busy bag for my 2 year old, he loves putting the eyes on the monsters. I’ll ask him to put a certain amount on and we have fun counting them out together. It’s a fun way of introducing maths early.