Little fingers need lots of exercise to grow and develop the muscles needed to help with writing and cutting at school – and this bag is going to do just that! In this My Busy Bots bag children fill silhouettes of everyday objects with brightly coloured blocks.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 3 - 6 years old. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activities and list of skills being developed
- 10 A6 Laminated activity cards
- 35 Coloured blocks
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pre-writing skills; pincer grip; hand eye coordination and control; grasp and release; dexterity.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration; visual closure; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; problem solving; sorting and organisation; colour recognition and matching; copying; following patterns.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance; creativity.
* Bags and content colours may vary
This helps with manual dexterity.