Bonds of 10 are also often referred to as 'number pairs'. They are simply the pairs of numbers that make up the number ten. Knowledge of number bonds is essential when it comes to harder calculations, so it is vital children get a firm grounding. This fun My Busy Bots bag uses cute sprinkles to give children a hands on way to develop these important skills all while having some fun cake decorating!
This activity is suitable for little ones from 5+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activities and list of skills being developed
- 20 Laminated A7 activity cards
- 55 fun sprinkles
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; whole hand grasp; hand strength; hand eye coordination and control; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination; spatial relationships.
Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; visual discrimination; visual figure ground.
- Concentration; problem solving; language and vocabulary; counting; number recognition; foundational Maths skills; adding & subtracting numbers; number skills.
- Patience and perseverance; working with numbers.
* Bags and content colours may vary