This cute and colourful My Busy Bots bag uses fun pictures to capture children’s attention whilst they practice their counting. Learning to count is a great accomplishment, but learning to count objects with one-to-one correspondence is next level! This bag is a fun way to accomplish this whilst simultaneously strengthening fine motor skills by poking a straw into a hole to match the correct number.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 3 - 5 years old. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions, ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 10 Laminated A6 counting activity cards covering numbers 1-10
- 10 Coloured paper straws
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pre-writing skills; hand strength; hand eye coordination and control; hand dominance; grasp and release; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; problem solving; language and vocabulary; counting; number recognition.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance.