Aah, a simple clothes peg! It’s a perfect tool for helping tiny fingers strengthen and develop. This My Busy Bots bag combines shape and colour matching to keep your little one busy. They will use visual discrimination to decide which shape and colour matches their smiley-faced friend.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 3 - 7 years old. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions, ideas to extend the activity and list of skills being developed
- 12 laminated A6 shape activity cards
- 12 wooden pegs
- 1 brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pre-writing skills; pincer grip; hand strength; hand eye coordination; dexterity; bilateral hand coordination.
- Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual figure ground.
- Cognitive skills:
- Concentration; language and vocabulary; shape recognition; matching.
- Life skills:
- Patience and perseverance; use of pegs.
* Bags and content colours may vary
A brilliant may to combine recognising colours and shapes as well as helping their dexterity by pegging on the clothes pegs. All in a bag so easily kept together and tidied away.
I bought these for the grandchildren as they were having to learn from home at this time. I ordered a couple at first just to see how things went and they loved them. Especially as they don’t really realise they are learning as well as playing. So I ordered some more. And I’m glad I did. Easy to use, can be popped back into the bags and tidied away Easily. In my opinion definitely worth the money.