As grownups we take it for granted how familiar we are with uppercase and lowercase letters and which ones go together. As a child enters into the world of reading, writing, letters and phonics, this can be something that is really daunting and confusing for them. In this My Busy Bots busy bag, we have created a bright and colourful activity to help young learners go on a journey to discover and reinforce their understanding of uppercase and lowercase letters and which ones belong together. All aboard little learners!
This activity is suitable for little ones from 5 - 7 years old. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activities and list of skills being developed
- 7 Laminated activity cards (210 x 74mm)
- 26 Uppercase letter magnets
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills: Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pincer grip; tripod grasp; pre-scissor skills; wrist extension; whole hand grasp; hand strength; hand eye coordination and control; grasp and release; dexterity.
- Visual perceptual skills: Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration.
- Cognitive skills: Concentration; problem solving; puzzle solving skills; language and vocabulary; sorting and organisation; letter recognition; identifying phonemes.
- Life skills: Patience and perseverance; creativity and imagination; early reading skills.
* Bags and content colours may vary.
We thought this was excellent but it would have been better if it had upper case and lower case letters not lower case on the train and upper case plastic numbers.
I bought 3 Busy Bags for my grandchildren. They all really enjoyed the activities. Would definitely recommend.