These days dominos can be a foreign concept to children, they tend to only think of standing them up in a row, then knocking them down and watching the ripple effect as they fall (ooh, we do love doing that too). But in actual fact dominos have loads of educational value in Maths. They can help teach counting, estimation, number recognition, matching, adding and subtracting, perfect for learning through play. In this My Busy Bots busy bag children are able to explore numbers from 1-20 and how they work together in a new and fresh way.
This activity is suitable for little ones from 5 - 7 years old. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activities and list of skills being developed
- 3 Laminated A5 activity cards
- 28 Fun, colourful foam dominos
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
- Fine motor skills: Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pincer grip; wrist extension; hand eye coordination and control; grasp and release; dexterity; coordination; spatial relationships.
- Visual perceptual skills: Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration.
- Cognitive skills: Concentration; problem solving; puzzle solving skills; language and vocabulary; sorting and organisation; counting; number recognition; matching; foundational Maths skills; adding numbers; number skills.
- Life skills: Patience and perseverance; working with numbers.
* Bags and content colours may vary.
My daughter loves this and you can use it in so many different ways. Great product
What a fantastic little bag, foam domino's that are lightweight and easy to store in the handy blue zip bag, have orded other sets will review soon. But very happy with my purchase.
My son loves it.