The first time I let my kids play with jumbo buttons they were captivated! And they are still a favourite... There is just something about them that holds children’s attention. In this My Busy Bots bag we introduce numbers and counting in a fun way. Little ones need to find and cover the right amount of the animals with the jumbo buttons. When they are done they can do some extra hand eye coordination and fine motor practice by threading the buttons on the colourful lace.
This bag is suitable for little ones from 3+. As all children develop in their own time, this is a guideline and may vary with your child.
- An A6 information card with instructions and ideas to extend the activities and list of skills being developed
- 5 A5 laminated activity cards
- 15 Jumbo buttons
- 1 Colourful lace
- 1 Brightly coloured storage bag
Skills being developed:
Fine motor skills:
- Thumb opposition; in-hand manipulation; pincer grip; open thumb web space; finger isolation; whole hand grasp; hand strength; hand eye coordination and control; hand dominance; grasp and release; dexterity; spatial relationships.
Visual perceptual skills:
- Visual tracking and scanning; motor planning; visual discrimination; visual motor integration; visual figure ground.
- Concentration; problem solving; language and vocabulary; counting; number recognition; colour recognition and matching.
- Sewing skills; patience and perseverance.
* Bags and content colours may vary
Disclaimer: Age titles are our suggestion and are a guideline as you will know your child's abilities best. Adult supervisions is always required.
We've been really enjoying the Jumbo Buttons with our little one. Whilst he's learnt to count and spot numbers, he loves placing the cards out, saying the numbers and then putting out the buttons on the card to cover the creatures / insects. He's good at threading the string too, and has just started trying to string more than one hole in the buttons together.
The cards are well made and the graphics are bright and entertaining. The buttons feel high quality and durable, which is always good for a toddler. I really love the concept of being able to take the bag with us (on a ferry, out to lunch etc.) and do some educational activities on the go too. Highly recommend and will be looking to get some more.
Both my 1 year old and 3 year old enjoy playing with this. The younger one covers the animals with buttons and the older likes to practise his number recognition.
Grandson enjoys getting the buttons & placing them on the cards, just starting with numbers with him
Highly recommend this set, so many ways to use it and so many skills to develop with it. My daughter loves 'sewing' the buttons and the counting animal cards are gorgeous.
These couldn't have arrived at a better time. My little one is loving the egg-cellent pairs and button.
Thank you so much